We know what we are supposed to do to take care of ourselves - eat right, get plenty of sleep, drink plenty of water and exercise. But we put it off because we are too busy or maybe because we are afraid. But the truth is, a stronger you can accomplish a lot more.
The Family YMCA can help you commit to your health. When you are ready to internalize positive choices for your health, we can help. For more than 60 years, the YMCA has supported individuals and families in their quest for a healthier lifestyle. The YMCA is a place to learn skills, make friends, build self-efficacy and strengthen one's spirit, mind and body.
And we are here for everyone. Thanks to our Annual Support Campaign and United Way, no one is turned away due to the inability to pay. And because The Family YMCA is a nonprofit organization, an investment in your health is an investment in your community. Membership fees stay within our community and contribute to our mission to build a healthier community.
We serve our community by developing youth, supporting families and encouraging healthy lifestyles in a wide array of activities including adult and youth recreational programs, enriching youth development through our wellness facility.
- 2 Facilities - Y Main Facility (use of 18,500+ square foot); Y Express & Cycling Studio, 140 Central Park Square, use of 4,800 square foot
- Child Watch included with family memberships - engaging your youth while you work out at the Y
- Free Member Fitness Classes: SilverSneakers, ZUMBA, Yoga, PiYo, INSANITY, Stretching, Power Up, Y-Ride-(“spinning”-type classes), Step, Barre-Lates, Conditioning, Silver Sneakers, led by experienced, nationally certified fitness instructors, over 70 classes per week
- 2 Strength Training Rooms-Free Weight and Circuit
- Cardio Fitness Room: Treadmills, Upright and Recumbent Bikes, Step Machines, Elliptical Trainers, Rower,
- 2 FREE Wellness Coaching sessions with a nationally certified trainer
- Climbing Wall
- Squash/Racquetball/Handball Courts
- Basketball/Volleyball Gymnasium
- Discounts on programs: Youth Sports, Climbing, Dance, Martial Arts, Youth, Yoga, Child Care and more...
- AWAY (Always Welcome At the Y) Program-Use your YMCA membership to obtain reduced or free admittance to participating YMCA’s across the nation and throughout the world
- Military Program
- Guest Passes
Every Y is Your Y
Y's in Albuquerque and El Paso offer reciprocal membership to all current, *full facility members in good standing with their "home" YMCA, up to 10 visits a month. Visitors to partnering New Mexico Ys just need to show current membership card and photo ID and complete the host Y's liability form. Check with the individual Y for policies, procedures, schedules and any applicable class/program fee. Your Y is now every Y in New Mexico and El Paso with your full facility membership!
*Program memberships and third-party members are not considered full facility members for the purpose of this reciprocity agreement.
Corporate Partner Memberships are available. To learn about the benefits of becoming a YMCA Corporate Partner, contact Linda Daly or call our main office at (505) 662-3100 to speak to our Member Services Director Estrella Young.
In our quest to be responsive to community needs, The Family YMCA offers Child Watch. Child Watch is our on-site supervision for members' children, ages 2 months to 7 years. (Monday -Thursday evenings only are ages 2 months to 9 years) Child Watch is for children to be in a safe and healthy environment and to provide parents with a peace of mind while parents enjoy our programs and facilities. * Your child must be an active member on your family membership.
Hours: Monday- Friday 8:30am to 1:15pm
Monday- Thursday 5:00pm to 8:00pm
Kids Club is available during the summer time, as well as winter and spring breaks for kids 8 - 12 years old included in family memberships. Kids engage and learn while parents with family memberships work out and enjoy our facilities.
Monday - Wednesday 8:30 am - 1:15pm pm
Winter & Spring Breaks:
Days and times to be determined