Española Teen Center
The Española Teen Center is a safe and caring environment that promotes positive core values.
We provide programming that promotes self-discipline, builds self-esteem and teaches life skills essential to future success.
Española Teen Center Major Supporters
Cross Connection, Inc.
MAR Tech Services
Additional support has been provided by Susan Herter, Kelly Myers, New Creation in Christ Ministries and Valley View United Methodist Church.
We value youth and seek to fulfill a commitment to provide support, educational opportunities and recreation resources to the teens of Española and surrounding communities. The Y has a 60+ year history in northern New Mexico and expertise in meeting critical community needs, such as outreach to youth.
The Y exists to build the whole individual, including his or her character. Our mission is to build individual, family and community strength by focusing on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. We endeavor to do this by providing positive, self-esteem building programs and recreational opportunities. We stress the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all programming and interactions.
The Y has several collaborating partners such as the City of Española, Rio Arriba County, and Santa Fe County to offer engaging, relevant, educational and skill building programs. Programs include tutoring, robotics, cooking and nutrition, gardening, sports, strength conditioning, GED classes with Access New Mexico.
The Mission of the Española YMCA Teen Center is to strengthen the efficacy of community youth.
For Española Teen Center and other Y videos visit the Y's YouTube® channel.
- to host a sustainable, vibrant prevention and intervention outreach center;
- to support mastery of educational benchmarks through tutoring and educational programs;
- to mentor and assist the teen population toward higher education;
- to mentor and encourage compassion, caring, respect and responsibility in the teen population; and
- to foster healthy lifestyle choices.
Teen Center membership is FREE, and available for teens ages 12 to 19.
Registration with parent and teen signatures is required.
Youth are encouraged to join the Y’s Youth Advisory Board that will provide guidance in program offerings.
The Center has:
- Computer lab with 15 PCs that feature a quiet/study area and tutors for students who need assistance
- Social and recreation area with pool tables, table tennis, foosball, lounge/TV area; exercise equipment; air hockey;
- Classroom/instruction area for workshops and classes including cooking, crochet and wood working.
- Outdoor recreation court, with the opportunity to play basketball, volleyball and tennis.
Year-Round Hours of Operation
12:00 P.M.-8:00 P.M.
Occasional extended hours, weekends or evenings, may be scheduled per special events requested by youth, or for specific programs.
Programming is aimed at developing a sense of purpose and hopefulness in participants in regard to their own skill and their ability to positively impact change. Programs include cultural arts and educational offerings by local experts, and leadership skills programming.