Thank you for staying us with these past months, we’ll see you soon!
The Family YMCA is happy to announce that in compliance with state health orders, we will reopen on June 8. We are taking a week before we open to prepare the facility and fully train staff in new protocols, especially around cleaning and sanitation. The safety of our members, participants and staff is our number one priority.
Staff created and our Board has approved, a phased reopening plan that will be updated as regulations evolve. You can follow this link to view the full document or view it from our web site as well.
Highlights to Phase 1 include:
• The Y will be open Monday-Friday, 7 am-7 pm,
• The facility will operate at less than 50% capacity
• Areas and rooms will have posted capacities to support social distancing
• A new waiver needs to be signed by all members, see in reopening plan
• Masks are required upon entering, but not while exercising
• Members and employees will be screened with a no-contact thermometer; individuals with a temperature above 100.4 will not be allowed in the facility
• Physical distancing is required at all times
• Hand sanitation is required upon entering, also available at exit
• Members must wipe down equipment before and after each use, and
• Members need to bring in and take out daily their own stretching mats
• No-touch water bottle filling stations are available, but not fountains
We also will be offering a schedule of live-virtual group fitness classes, though per state orders there will be no live in-person classes at this time. Other area and program closures can be seen in the full plan or on our website, but include: showers, saunas, child watch, climbing wall and racquetball courts currently.
The Y’s recent survey of members about our reopening demonstrated a careful, cautionary tone that is very much in alignment with best practices staff found. The survey went out on Thursday, May 7 to 1,728 member emails (representing 3,108 people); 926 opened it (54% open rate); and 497 took the survey (29%). Here are the results per question and a summary of comments.
The past several months have been challenging for all of us, and we thank you for doing your part to help stop the spread of coronavirus – especially for the benefit of our most vulnerable community members and neighbors.
And thank you also for being a part of our family,
From The Membership, Wellness and Administrative Staff of The Family YMCA